Vent Cleaning and Air Duct Cleaning for Grandview
You simply won’t find a better vent cleaning or air duct cleaning service anywhere in the Kansas City area! Our highly trained professionals care about your indoor air quality because it directly impacts your quality of life, so we provide a comprehensive approach to vent cleaning of all kinds.
Air duct cleaning is an often-overlooked way of managing your indoor air quality. Whether it is your home or your business, chances are you spend a majority of time indoors. A variety of pollutants can be pushed through dirty ducts, leading to problems and illnesses for the people occupying the space. Air duct cleaning from Aardvark can help to prevent a build-up of the following air pollutants:
Common Indoor Air Pollutants
- Carbon monoxide (CO) – An odorless, invisible gas produced by fossil fuels that can lead to tiredness, headaches, dizziness, confusion, nausea, and a fast heartbeat. An excess of carbon monoxide in your home can lead to truly terrifying side effects including extreme paranoia brought on by the confusion it causes.
- Radon – Another colorless and odorless gas that exists everywhere at low levels because it is produced naturally when uranium in the Earth breaks down. However, if you are exposed to higher levels of radon it can lead to lung cancer.
- Secondhand smoke – There are more than 4,700 chemical ingredients found in environmental tobacco smoke and when regularly exposed to it, it can lead to the same health problems as smoking tobacco yourself.
- Lead particles – A natural, soft metal that is toxic when consumed. Up until the late 1970s, it was regularly used in house paint. Exposure leads to damage to your nervous system, brain, red blood cells, and kidneys. Children exposed to lead suffer from short attention spans, behavioral issues, delayed growth, and lower IQ levels.
- Nitrogen dioxide – A common oxide of nitrogen, this toxic and corrosive gas can lead to pulmonary edema, lung injury, chronic bronchitis, and impaired lung function for children, those with asthma, or other chronic obstructive lung diseases.
- Asbestos – The EPA declared asbestos unsafe in 1971 because when the material is disturbed, the fibers can be inhaled and lead to lung cancer and asbestosis, an inflammatory condition of the lungs that leads to coughing, trouble breathing, and permanent lung damage.
- Mold – Some molds are harmless, others can lead to allergic reactions and asthma attacks. Mold is extremely common both indoors and out.
If you operate a commercial kitchen, you know how much grease and flammable dust can end up coating your kitchen hoods and exhausts. From fast-food restaurants and employee cafeterias to pizza places and snack bars—every commercial kitchen is required to undergo regular duct cleaning. Aardvark’s commercial services keep your kitchen safer and your air quality vastly improved. Due to the nature of a commercial kitchen, it takes more than a little elbow grease to get a thorough cleaning of your exhaust and hood. Our highly trained experts know the ins-and-outs outlined by the National Fire Protection Association to ensure you have a clean kitchen that functions smoothly.
Lint from your dryer is an extremely flammable material and each year there are thousands of dryer vent fires. Regular dryer vent cleaning performed by a professional can help to ensure your house or commercial laundry facility stays safe from this fire danger. In addition to increased safety, vent cleaning helps your dryer to function more efficiently. This lowers your bills and gets your clothes dry faster. As with all of our duct cleaning and vent cleaning services, Aardvark recommends you schedule dryer vent cleaning at least once per year for optimal results.