Vent Cleaning and Air Duct Cleaning in Kansas City
You simply won’t find a better vent cleaning or air duct cleaning service anywhere in the Kansas City area! Our highly trained professionals care about your indoor air quality because it directly impacts your quality of life, so we provide a comprehensive approach to vent cleaning of all kinds.
Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning is an often-overlooked way of managing your indoor air quality. Whether it is your home or your business, chances are you spend a majority of time indoors. A variety of pollutants can be pushed through dirty ducts, leading to problems and illnesses for the people occupying the space. Air duct cleaning from Aardvark can help to prevent a build-up of the following air pollutants:
Common Indoor Air Pollutants
- Carbon monoxide (CO) – An odorless, invisible gas produced by fossil fuels that can lead to tiredness, headaches, dizziness, confusion, nausea, and a fast heartbeat. An excess of carbon monoxide in your home can lead to truly terrifying side effects including extreme paranoia brought on by the confusion it causes.
- Radon – Another colorless and odorless gas that exists everywhere at low levels because it is produced naturally when uranium in the Earth breaks down. However, if you are exposed to higher levels of radon it can lead to lung cancer.
- Secondhand smoke – There are more than 4,700 chemical ingredients found in environmental tobacco smoke and when regularly exposed to it, it can lead to the same health problems as smoking tobacco yourself.
- Lead particles – A natural, soft metal that is toxic when consumed. Up until the late 1970s, it was regularly used in house paint. Exposure leads to damage to your nervous system, brain, red blood cells, and kidneys. Children exposed to lead suffer from short attention spans, behavioral issues, delayed growth, and lower IQ levels.
- Nitrogen dioxide – A common oxide of nitrogen, this toxic and corrosive gas can lead to pulmonary edema, lung injury, chronic bronchitis, and impaired lung function for children, those with asthma, or other chronic obstructive lung diseases.
- Asbestos – The EPA declared asbestos unsafe in 1971 because when the material is disturbed, the fibers can be inhaled and lead to lung cancer and asbestosis, an inflammatory condition of the lungs that leads to coughing, trouble breathing, and permanent lung damage.
- Mold – Some molds are harmless, others can lead to allergic reactions and asthma attacks. Mold is extremely common both indoors and out.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Lint from your dryer is an extremely flammable material and each year there are thousands of dryer vent fires. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, 2,900 dryer fires are reported each year, with 34% of those fires being caused by failure to clean. These fires result in an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
It goes without saying that, when it comes to your dryer vent, inadequate maintenance can be dangerous. Luckily, dryer vent fire prevention is as simple as investing in regular professional dryer vent cleaning services. As with all of our duct cleaning and vent cleaning services, Aardvark recommends you schedule dryer vent cleaning at least once per year for optimal results.
What Is the Purpose of Your Dryer Vent?
The purpose of your dryer vent is to safely transport the water vapor and lint created during a drying cycle outside of your home. Without a properly functioning dryer vent, the hot air and moisture can seep into your home where it can cause mold, rot, and increased energy bills. In addition, a clogged dryer vent can shorten the lifespan of your dryer and cause a buildup of carbon monoxide gas.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
- Ensure your house or commercial laundry facility stays safe from fire danger
- Improve appliance efficiency, lowering energy bills and drying clothes faster
- Lessen the likelihood of carbon monoxide buildup
- Diminish the occurrence of damp or overheated clothes at the end of a drying cycle
- Ensure your dryer lives to its maximum lifespan
Common Signs You Need to Clean Out Your Dryer Vent
- Laundry takes longer than normal to dry
- Dryer is hot to the touch, which could indicate a clogged dryer vent
- Clothes are damp or extremely hot at the end of a drying cycle
- Clothes have a strange odor
- Laundry room feels hot or humid