When it comes to kitchen exhaust cleaning, there’s some things you need to know. If the exhaust fills with grease, it’s likely to catch on fire. Most fires start on cooking appliances and spread to the exhaust system. Make sure to clean and inspect your commercial stove top and exhaust system to remain in compliance with the law.
When it comes to kitchen exhaust cleaning, you must follow this schedule:
- Monthly. This is for systems serving solid fuel cooking operations.
- Quarterly. This is for systems for high-volume cooking operations. 24-hour cooking, charbroiling or wok cooking require regular inspections.
- Semiannually. This is for systems serving moderate-volume cooking operations.
- Annually. This is for systems serving low-volume cooking operations. Churches, day camps, seasonal businesses, and senior centers require yearly inspections.
What Does an Inspection Entail?
An inspection includes an examination of the entire exhaust system. This alerts authorities to grease buildup. A certified official comes in and inspects the kitchen for any violations. It’s required to keep a valid certification of inspection on the premises.
There isn’t mandates stating how frequently a kitchen exhaust needs cleaning. If the inspector found grease, a certified professional needs to clean it. A certificate stating the specifics of the cleaning must be kept where it can be reviewed.
Inspectors provide one of four inspection grades. They are:
- No grease buildup.
- Acceptable grease buildup.
- Cleaning required.
- Critical depth.
Professional kitchen exhaust cleaning services charge anywhere from $75-$150. It largely depends on how many people it takes to clean the exhaust system. Kitchen exhaust cleaning often involves manual scraping, pressure washing or steam cleaning. Professional kitchen exhaust cleaning pressure washing and professional kitchen exhaust cleaning steam cleaning is recommended by professionals. Some cleaning services do both.
Don’t risk a fire because of your negligence. Hire someone to do your kitchen exhaust cleaning for you. Rest assured that it is done correctly so you and your staff continues to cook like you have before in the past.
For more information about kitchen exhaust cleaning services, call Aardvark Residential and Commercial Services at (816) (816) 945-6070 today!