Aardvark Newsletter No. 48
Inside this issue:
• Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning with allergy suffers
It’s fall time in Missouri. With that comes allergy problems. Runny noses, red itchy eyes, sneezing, and even worse symptoms are part of every fall.
What many Missouri homeowners don’t realize is that pollen, like dust and other contaminants accumulate in the heating and air conditioning ducts in every home. You’re still running your furnace to take the afternoon heat off the air, so any pollen that comes into your home is being circulated through your air ducts. Much of that pollen settles on the inside of duct work and forms part of the layer of debris inside air ducts.
Then, even when the pollen season is over, Winter kicks in and we turn on our heaters. The pollen that collected in air ducts reappears as the flow of air resumes, and we start sneezing and sniffling all over again.
Here are some tips for minimizing recurring release of pollen:
• Keep Doors and Windows Closed – The less pollen you let into your home, the fewer allergy symptoms you’ll experience. Keeping pollen out of your home really cuts down on pollen accumulation in your air ducts, too.
• Change Furnace Filters Regularly – High quality furnace filters can trap much of the pollen in your home’s air as your furnace and air conditioner circulate the air in your home. Those cheap paper filters from the home supply store, though, just don’t do the job. They let up to half of the pollen and other contaminants bypass the filter.
• Keep Carpets and Furniture Clean – Carpeting and upholstered furniture traps pollen very effectively, but releases it when you walk on carpeted floors or sit on furniture. Then, it circulates in the air and settles in your air ducts, only to reappear and cause allergic symptoms over and over again. Regular vacuuming can cut down on trapped pollen.
• Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned – A thorough air duct cleaning by a trusted, professional duct cleaning company like Aardvark Air Duct Cleaning, will remove all the pollen and other debris from your air ducts. If you haven’t had your ducts cleaned for some time, there could be years of pollen lining your ducts and recirculation in your home.
Duct Cleaning Brings Allergy Relief
If allergies are a problem in your home, as they are for so many Missouri homeowners and their families, the problem is often caused by an accumulation of pollen, dust, dust mites, molds, and fungi in the home’s heating and air conditioning ducts. Pollen from the entire time the ducts have been neglected recalculate any time you run your furnace or air conditioner.
Only a professional duct cleaning, using the correct equipment and high-powered truck-mounted vacuums can remove the layer of allergen-laden debris from inside your ducts. Many Metro families experience amazing relief from allergy symptoms after having their air ducts cleaned.
Hope everyone takes advantage of the specials we are running on Air Duct Cleaning to get a head start on all these allergies that can sneak up on you. Hope everyone has an awesome week and go check out our SPECIALS!!!!!